What’s the Issue?
- Many feedlot producers are unaware of the importance of vaccinating their herd to protect them from life threatening diseases.
What’s the Impact?
- Most feedlot steers do not receive adequate colostrum as newborns and therefore are prone to more diseases because they lack maternal antibodies found in good quality colostrum.
- If your heard did not receive adequate colostrum or are not vaccinated they have a higher chance of getting infected with diseases that can stunt their growth or even cause death if severe enough.
- Sit down with your veterinarian to develop a vaccination protocol that will protect your herd from common respiratory diseases or clostridium issues that they are prone to.
- Stick to your vaccination protocol to help make your operation successful
- Having a good ventilation system will help to decrease your risk for some respiratory issues.