What’s the Issue?
- Tail docking practices ending globally
- The National Milk Producers Federation has set January 1, 2017, as the date for producers to end participation of tail docking
- Please be aware some co-ops may end tail docking even sooner
What’s the Impact?
- Changes to on-farm tail docking protocols
- Producers will have to use an alternative to tail docking
The Tailwell2 is safe alternative to tail docking. It is a cordless drill attachment that has circular blades to trim the cow’s tail quickly and easily. The Tailwell2 trims tails in less than 15 seconds and tails stay trimmed for one year. There is no need to precut tails as the Tailwell2 removes all the hair on the end and side of the tail. With trimmed tails, the amount of dirt and manure around the rear quarters and udder of the cow are greatly reduced.
For more information, please call 855.254.6600 or visit animart.com/store/tailwell_2